Mouth Fungus on Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamo87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, tgoday I've noticed that one of my angels has fungus on his mouth and I started to treat him in the main tank(too many fish in my QT at the moment) with Melafix. My question is: will the melafix harm my plants and my black ghost knife? It shouldnt't but I did some research and I've found very contradictive info about Melafix and as I trust the people in this forum so much, decided to post this thread. If it is dangerous please let me know asap so i'll do a major water change immediately. Ohh, I forgot to tell you my water parameters are: Amonia - 0, Nitr.:0, Nitrat.:20
Thank you in advance!

Melafix will not harm your plants or other fish. But if it is mouth fungus or columnaris melafix will not be strong enough. Keep an eye out and you may have to make an emergency QT, you can do that out of a clean rubbermaid container and a heater and airstone.

lol, thanks for the advice. So why do they put all that info on the label then??:((( I chose it because of my plants and scaleless fish. I belive the fungus is in stage 1 so I really hope to fix it with the Melafix but I trust you so much that i'll go and buy another QT and be prepared:)It's actually my fault because I bouth this angel a week ago without quarantine it(I mentioned before that I have 2 members in my QT right now ) but it looked so healthy that I was sure everything will be fine. Well I'm not gonna make that mistake again! Thanks again and just want you to take a look of my other thread named "little red spots on my gold fish" when you have the chance. i posted it severel days ago.
Thank youu!!!Hope everything will be fine!!!!

Back
Top Bottom