Moving a Tank for Carpet Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leeny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm getting the carpet in my bedroom replaced and will have to move my 29G out into the hallway (about 20 ft from where it is now). I know how to make the move, but I was wondering if I should keep the tank in the hallway for a few days after the new carpet has been installed so the fish aren't moved twice in two days. Thanks for any advice in advance!

no they would be fine. i would just move them into a bucket or rubbermade tub put the filters and heaters on there. how long between you move it out until you can move it back in?

I'd be moving it out the morning before they replace the carpet and putting it back the same day. Would it be a good idea to just leave the fish in the bucket for that amount of time?

thats what i would do. put the filter on the bucket. i would also keep the media wet also.

Get a rubber maid tub and use it for the time being! Thats what I did when I was getting my carpet replaced! It also gives you a chance to clean behind the tank (on the wall) and on the stand under the tank!

I had to go through a new carpet install last spring. I just drained most of the water from my 29g tank...had my dad help me carry it with the stand into a separate room, and filled it back up. Then once the carpet install was done, I drained most of the water again, and we carried it back.

Back
Top Bottom