Moving a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edee6646

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone! I have a ten gallon planted tank that I need to transport 4 hours to college most likely multiple times a year. It has a full carpet of dwarf hair grass, CO2 setup and hard scaping as well. It's home to a betta fish and his invertebrate buddies. So how can I safely move it while keeping the beneficial bacteria and not disturbing my aquascaping?

Empty the tank of as much water as possible but leave enough for plants and critters. I would estimate 4 gallons of water (33lbs) and tank/substrate maybe another 30lbs? Cover it with the sealing kind of glad wrap. This stuff is awesome. Poke a hole in the center top for a little air.

I would slide the tank onto a board to hold the weight without bowing and enough extra space on the ends and side to have 2 people pick it up and carry it. Put it on the flattest surface in the vehicle, surround it with firm yet soft stuff (boxes) to keep tipping out of the question and drive carefully.

Back
Top Bottom