Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime not available in my area...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Any suggestion other than buying it online? Is there anything else that is like Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime?

What exactly are you using it for: raising pH, maintaining Calcium, or ridding aiptasia? I have a hard time believing Chicago doesn't carry it being the city they are. Usually you will find Mrs. Wages in the pickling section of food stores, Walmart's, even Home Depot's, etc. Here's a link to a picture of it in case you are just going by the name: What Your Grandmother Never Told You About Lime by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com If you are trying to rid aiptasia or maintain Calcium/Alkalinity then you can purchase a small tub of kalkwasser powder (same as lime and Joe's Juice) and get more for your money than Joe's Juice.

Tank, PM me I'll ship you some. Check the canning section. Most places do have it, you just have to ask a supervisor or manager, someone that is familiar with it. Trust me, I went through the same thing. It's not like going in and asking for milk or ice cream. Most of the stocking folks really don't know what they are stalking if it's unfamiliar......CANNING SECTION (don't tell them it's for killing aiptasia in a SW tank...lol...I tried that too...)
Let them know it is a powder....that helps too....

Last edited:
What exactly are you using it for: raising pH, maintaining Calcium, or ridding aiptasia? I have a hard time believing Chicago doesn't carry it being the city they are. Usually you will find Mrs. Wages in the pickling section of food stores, Walmart's, even Home Depot's, etc. Here's a link to a picture of it in case you are just going by the name: What Your Grandmother Never Told You About Lime by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com If you are trying to rid aiptasia or maintain Calcium/Alkalinity then you can purchase a small tub of kalkwasser powder (same as lime and Joe's Juice) and get more for your money than Joe's Juice.

I need it to get rid of my Aiptasia.... They think they can just come in an take over my LR.... Those little:new-alien:......

LOL! Tank, I'll see if I have an old joe's juice bottle and syringe. You just pay shipping and I'll send it to you.

Back
Top Bottom