Multi cichlid species- 75g breeding tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you going to breed multiple cichlids in the same tank even though it's a good size your probably going to have to go for smaller dwarf cichlids like rams, apisto's - you may get away with a small number of Rainbow, Keyhole, Sajica sized guys - but the moment they start there will be trouble in some form especially if you a have two or more pairs breeding at once. I can only comment on South American fish as that's all I keep, someone with African knowledge I'm sure will give you some advice, you could probably do a few Kribs or shellies from what I've read though. If I where you I would also get a back up tank just incase things get a bit hectic during breeding.

Thank you for the advice, I had a pair of kribs and a pair of convicts but I just (literally 20 minutes ago) discovered my male krib has a big blister on his side and he was belly up in the prosses of dying.. Very upset!

Are you breeding for yourself or to sell. It's not good to try to sell fish that breed in the same tank with other species because hybridization will occur. It wouldn't be fare for someone to be excited for a fish that might never color up the way it should.

Myself, and really good point.. Oh and I know this is pathetic but how do I find out what water chemistry and temp should have for each specific tank..

Back
Top Bottom