Mushroom looking wierd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I have had this mushroom since December and tonight it looks like a piece is breaking off. Does this look normal? My parameters are calcium 430, magnesium 1360, alk 7.0. I haven't added any fish or corals for to my tank.81401074928704.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1401074942347.jpg
    1401074942347.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 50
Mushrooms ca regenerate so I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe there is not enough food for you clean up crew or check to see if any of ur fish are nipping at it.

My Condy anemone was floating around today he did go by the mushroom, do you think it could of stung it?

I literally took a razor and cut my mushroom in pieces and it is doing just fine. Even the small piece of tissue that was left on the rock where the mushroom was cut from grew 2 more mushrooms!

Cool. Maybe I will get another mushroom out of this. I have a zoa frag that the anemone past by and it looks like it could of got stung too. It has a white patch on some of the polyps. It wasn't there earlier. My husband named the anemone Godzilla. Lol.

Anemones are tricky to have around corals since they move when they don't like the conditions. I place my corals away from the two places my condy anemone likes to hang out.

I'm finding that out, I wish I didn't get the anemone. Because I want a reef aquarium. Can both coexist?

If the nem is moving it's most likely because something is off, like lighting, water quality, flow, etc...

Back
Top Bottom