mutiple tank-bred Ocellaris Clownfish odd or even numbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had been told before to purchase these in even numbers (pairs) but today a the LFS I was told they should be purchased in odd numbers. Which is correct?

I would say stick with pairs. Cuts down on the politics within a group. :wink:

Either, doesn't matter. You'll have a dominant female, a dominant male, and however many subordinants you want. At least that's the way it works with false percs.

There are rules like these where there are exceptions. IE. Tang school counts. One or three (more than that can be odd or even), not two or they wont have a third party to keep the two from killing each other. This is contradicted by one of our members who has two regals that get along just great.

But as Quary said, 2 would definitely cut down on politics. But in your 525g... um, I'd say you're not so limited. :mrgreen:

I started with 4 and they eventually worked down to 2, one jumped and the other just vanished...dunno.
A 525G, hell throw in a dozen or so....lol

There were 4 in the tank and they were obviously paired by the way they swam together. I told the lady I would take all four and I got the shock look and "you do not want to do that" And said I should only get 3. I argued a little and the other attendant agreed with her. My thought was less sell for them so they must know something. I wish I would have gotten all 4. I may go back tomorrow and get the other one. PS they had a nice sailfin they tried to sell me.

Back
Top Bottom