my 125 cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a quick pic of my led lights that go on before i shut off for the night after these go off I have a center strip of " moonlight" that is always on

ForumRunner_20111103_220859.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111103_220827.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111103_220827.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 61
site says that they arent currently shipping NOR will they garuntee live fish upon arrival if they do ship lol .. if i do order offline i'll probably stick w/ livefishdirect.com .. thanks though!!!

well my petland discounts is decent but they've sorta fallen off a bit, esp w/ the africans.. she has a tank of large mostly peacocks for 30 bucks ea. and a tank of babies. her selection for 2-3-4 inch fish is weak, to be nice. plus her tanks often have ick now.

our petco has decent africans, normally 2inches+ but whenever i find fish i want, LIKE YESTERDAY!! (female kenyi & electric yellows) both tanks had ick & what seemed to be worse stuff than that.

we have one place, exoctic fish & coral thats knowledgeable and has healthy stuff.. but are mainly a salt shop & have odd hours lol

theres one more but they fell off as of late as well because the owners trying to sell and doesnt care.. other than those, everything else is about an hour or more ride & when we do go, we're normally disappointed anyway lol

sooooo whack.. very whack lol

why dont u set up a separate tank for a hospital tank and buy about 3 fish u like with ich then treat them until they are defo fine, then hey presto the fish u wanted?

and ummm yes very.... whack??? ha! x

lol i do have a spare 5 gal i could use so maybe if i find the right one who aint too sickly

& yes.. whack lol i consider myself to be an urban hippie so i use slang from many genres :)

Lol to funny. Guess after reading all that I'm extremely lucky but at the same token now i have an addiction problem n my source is super awesome and super close. Ugh I've already told the owner to just set up an automatic withdrawl account from my bank cause I can pretty much confirm that I'm dropping loot at least once a week.

Pretty sure my socolofi is holding has cleared out a spot and is very protective all of a sudden first time I've seen it act like this and mouth looks swollen what do ya guys think

ForumRunner_20111104_224538.jpg

ForumRunner_20111104_224616.jpg

ForumRunner_20111104_224642.jpg

Yea I sure do. :) if i was to start another tank can I start it by using the water from my 125?

you can, and it would save on the water bill if u use some pwc water, but it wont do much for cycling. however, if the new tank has similar filtration, you can take half the new filter pads/media and swap it with half of the old pads/media for a quicker cycle, and maybe add in a cycle product. taking half the old pads/media shouldnt affect the parameters to a harmful amount, maybe a bit irritating for a while but they should get changed after a while anyway. and it means new fish faster :)
whats going in the new tank? x

Back
Top Bottom