My 125 South American set up!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chocolates are awesome and only get to 10-12" or so, so not massive.

JDs can be tricky because they are either extremely passive, or feisty. You could always try to introduce the jack, but I wouldn't, seeing as you could possibly introduce diseases to your 125, as well as end up with a dead fish(es)

no no...the jack has been 100% disease free now for over 2 years.

he just destroys everything in the 125.

Is a 45 bow, ok for him tho? I know it SHOULD be 55, but with the bow at least he has the width to turn at full size.

He is in there alone, he kills everything I add...so he owns that tank ha

Also what is your opinion on the chocolates.

The chocolate would need a 75 for the two minimum, bigger would be better, no tank mates.

As for the JD, I think a 45 how is a bit on the small size, again, a 75 would be the minimum due to the size of the territory they claim and their size

I have a guy who is willing to trade a 77 for my 45 tomorrow...

Your fish are beautiful. What's your secret to restoring their health? Is there a certain medicine or practice that works for you? just curious, I'm new to this =)

Your fish are beautiful. What's your secret to restoring their health? Is there a certain medicine or practice that works for you? just curious, I'm new to this =)

A lot of dedication, research on various medicines. Determination and I truely care for them like pets..

My 75?

Right now is a group of geophagus sp. rio pindare among several other young cichlid species that I need to start thinning out. I had an uaru cichlid but she unfortunately passed last week, still unsure of what caused her death

Out of those, what would you keep/get rid of?

Opinions please?

Everyone will tell you to ditch the Oscar because they're so common, but honestly my oscars are by far my favourites. They're excited to see me every time i enter the room, they eat from my hands, they grow FAST and are very tolerant of any tank mates until they are mating. It really depends what you're looking for. If you wanna keep unique and rare fish, then yeah, re-home your oscar. But if you're looking for a wet-pet, oscars are the way to go IMO.

By the way, great job with the JD rescue! He looks great. Wish I could say the same for the female JD I rescued. Poor girls still regrowing all her fins :(

A lot of dedication, research on various medicines. Determination and I truely care for them like pets..

Thank you. I love my wet pets too, seems love isn't enough when caring for a sick fish. I research endlessly too, maybe with all this plus a little experience I'll be able to keep my fish healthy. I learn something new every day on this forum, that helps too =)

Everyone will tell you to ditch the Oscar because they're so common, but honestly my oscars are by far my favourites. They're excited to see me every time i enter the room, they eat from my hands, they grow FAST and are very tolerant of any tank mates until they are mating. It really depends what you're looking for. If you wanna keep unique and rare fish, then yeah, re-home your oscar. But if you're looking for a wet-pet, oscars are the way to go IMO.

By the way, great job with the JD rescue! He looks great. Wish I could say the same for the female JD I rescued. Poor girls still regrowing all her fins :([/QUOTE

I agree with this. I have an oscar too and he's awesome =) As the first time keeping one, they are new to me!

I agree with this. I have an oscar too and he's awesome =) As the first time keeping one, they are new to me!

Here's my clan lol

First pic is my mated pair. Darker one is the female. Second and third pics are just best friends for now. Hopefully more in the future ;)

Attachments

• image-2057148996.jpg
    image-2057148996.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 49
  • image-320708116.jpg
    image-320708116.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 44
  • image-2547878189.jpg
    image-2547878189.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 47
They're beautiful! Not a good pic I just took, but I have a lutino too =)

this crazy app never works

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130802_101646.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130802_101646.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 49
I know when he gets bigger I have to lose the pebbles. Soon he will be going in the 125 with my sevs =)

Aww super cute! Mine was that size when I purchased him/her. They grow insanely fast!

You're gonna enjoy your Oscar even more when he's bigger. My big pair will let me stroke their sides when I'm in there vacuuming. Still not sure if they like it or if they just aren't bothered enough to swim away haha

Attachments

• image-2848448665.jpg
    image-2848448665.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 44
Yes, I already notice so much personality he always swims to front of tank and I've never kept the tank light on, he doesn't like it, he sulks =) I'm excited to see him grow.. to the OP you have a lot of cool fish, good luck with your tough decision! It's great you have friends in the hobby, maybe you can visit your wet buddies =)

Back
Top Bottom