My 125G SW tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your tank looks amazing. In your first pic it looks awful, but your later pictures look sweet. good luck with the tank. any pics of the fuge.

Well done! In the first pics your sand looks clumpy almost like cylinders. Is that just the way it settled or it a special kind. It looks cool though.

Oh those are tube worm's !? I guess :D

I have read from many source the benefits of the "Algae Scrubbers" Nitrate/Phosphate reducer.

Well I'm making one :D

Here is the fist picture.

dscn0006k.jpg

Nice tank! Beautiful.

Am assuming there are no hermits or snails in this reef tank from the look of that trigger. Curious, how are the nitrate readings with no CUC?

Then again, duh! That's why the nitrate reducer was employed, right?

Yes I do have about 20 snail, and 50 Hermit, they are not as active as they used to be.
"no CUC" I'll ask my grandmother what is that mean....
Nitrate never been "0", I guess my plants and animals are learn to live with it, just like us in the polluted air. :)

CUC = clean up crew (snails, crabs, starfish, etc) - - DO NOT ADD TO SALADS!!! :)

Have to ask Grandma?!?!? You saying I'm old????? OK, OK. I am. :)

The trigger doesn't eat your CUC???? maybe he's not big enuf now, but he WILL!

Thanks for the info, CUC sounded like some old fashion Ukrainian sausage... :)

Here is a few more picture will was playing with my camera.
Is is hard to capture real life...

dscn0046c.jpg
dscn0058i.jpg

I don remembers ever seeing to even go close to a snail, he likes alga from the rocks, all and any kind of food give them.
It's over 5m old in my tank.
Will see, if see him picking on the Hermits or the Snails, hes gone.
BTW my Peppermint Shrimp's are hiding hiding most of the time, he has a taste for them to ? Just picked up 10 more to help the battle with Aiptasia, now I don't see them at all :confused:

The peps are toast if he ever catches them I believe. Prolly what happened to your new 10. Of course they hide well too. As triggers get bigger, it is common for fish keepers to put snails in for the trigger to keep his teeth tuned up somehow. Not sure, but it will be a matter of time. The shell won't stop him.

Finally a day off, and a weekend in the same time :)

Playing with the IDA to rearrange my live rocks, right now they are stacked up against the back, some cave and other hiding place in the middle and the back. I don't like it anymore, recently seen a U-tube Video, I just fall in love with the IDA of moving all the rocks to the middle.
Whoever I think I have way to much rock's, thinking to set up a 25G bucket and move some of my LR there until I find some one who would need it or just keep it in the bucket where I condition the water for PWC, also planing to crush/brake some of the LR to smaller pieces.

I thinks its called "Cove Aquascape", any disadvantage/advantage of this design ?
How is your rocks stacked and why ?

Will try to make a video to show how is it now.

Thanks

this is the one I like;\
YouTube - Matts Reef Tank (25/10/09)

wow

Thanks for the wast amount of input and advice from all the expert's. Tomorrow is the big day, 60G of water ready, I have no idea how I going to get all the rock out brake the in to smaller size and move the corals to their new rock's.
It was a pleasure reading this group.

Bye

What lights do you have? Your tank looks great! Can you view it from both sides? Just wondering because your rocks are down the middle. Really cool. I also appreciate all the pis and video. Seeing what people have done is what it is all about.

Back
Top Bottom