My 15gal Gravel Swap/Rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gre

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello All,
Three weeks ago I did a gravel swap in my 15gal freshwater tank and while I was at it I thought I would do a little rescaping. The plants seem to be taking very well. My fish (6 harlequin rasboras, 4 serape tetras, 1 fire dwarf gourami, 2 Ottos, clown pleco and 3 shrimp) are extremely happy in their newly rennovated home. Ive attached some pictures of my tank (red gravel = before and black gravel = after), let me know what you think!

EDIT: I will be posting more pics as the plants mature :)

Cheers:fish2:

Attachments

• DSCF0185.JPG
    DSCF0185.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF0194.JPG
    DSCF0194.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF0199.JPG
    DSCF0199.JPG
    221.1 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF0217.jpg
    DSCF0217.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 88
Wow big change!
What are your plant stocking?
Thanks! I am stocking:
-Parrots Feather(in the back)
-Anubias (in DW)
-Java Moss (on DW)
-Ranalisma Rostrata (attempting to carpet front)
-The floating(ish) plant in the top right might be Hornwart(?), it has no roots so I just let it do its thing.
-There is one plant in the back I do not recall the name, sorry. It is almost like a thick bladed grass.

I like your light! What kind is that I like how it clamps right on the tank without having lids! All my tanks have lids except for one of my 55 gal tanks because I bought it super cheap at a yard sale and the middle bracket is broken so I need a light like this!! Your tank looks really nice btw, I like the look of the new gravel much better!!

I like your light! What kind is that I like how it clamps right on the tank without having lids! All my tanks have lids except for one of my 55 gal tanks because I bought it super cheap at a yard sale and the middle bracket is broken so I need a light like this!! Your tank looks really nice btw, I like the look of the new gravel much better!!
Thank you! The exact fixture I use is a Hagen Glo T5 High Output Double Floursecent fixture, it is widely available online and at many pet stores (Petland etc.). You can see the model/specs here. I use one Power-Glo and one Life-Glo bulb in th fixture(both T5HO). I really enjoy this fixture because it makes tank maintenance really easy, no fumbling with hoods :)!

gre said:
Thank you! The exact fixture I use is a Hagen Glo T5 High Output Double Floursecent fixture, it is widely available online and at many pet stores (Petland etc.). You can see the model/specs here. I use one Power-Glo and one Life-Glo bulb in th fixture(both T5HO). I really enjoy this fixture because it makes tank maintenance really easy, no fumbling with hoods :)!

Thanks for the speedy reply! I've always dealt with lids or hoods so I use the strip lighting on all my tanks! I was thinking about fixing the middle bracket with some silicone or epoxy and adding plexiglass so I could put some glass lids on it but that's too much work lol! I like this idea much better, the only thing i don't like about having my tank uncovered is the water evaporation so I usually do a couple pwc's every week because I don't feel real comfortable about topping off!! Thanks for showing the Great pix of your tank and giving me an idea of another alternative to lighting!! Your tank looks Awesome!! :)

Reactions: gre
gre said:
Thanks! I am stocking:
-Parrots Feather(in the back)
-Anubias (in DW)
-Java Moss (on DW)
-Ranalisma Rostrata (attempting to carpet front)
-The floating(ish) plant in the top right might be Hornwart(?), it has no roots so I just let it do its thing.
-There is one plant in the back I do not recall the name, sorry. It is almost like a thick bladed grass.

I really like how the plants in the back are making a background. You are doing great at carpeting!

Reactions: gre
Hello Again, as you can see my plants have exploded! I feel as tho I am beginning to be overrun. I just want to ensure my fish have adequate room to swim. That being said there has been absolutely no nipping between my serpae's and fire red gourami since the plants have grown:). I was thinking about trimming my plants back a lot but it feels like a waste of plant;). Any thoughts?

Ps. My amano shrimp are growing! I rarely see them with all the plants.

EDIT: I will upload some higher quality pictures soon. These were just taken with my iPhone

Attachments

• image-2937290328.jpg
    image-2937290328.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3553588488.jpg
    image-3553588488.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 56
Back
Top Bottom