My African butterfly fish doesn’t want to eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rustysurfer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone please help. My wife bought two African butterfly fish last week Saturday since then they have been doing great but about 3 or 4 days ago we noticed that 1 of them isn't eating and the other 1 eats very well. The 1 that isn't eating just swims up to the cricket and nudges it looks at and then leaves it its been going on like this for 3 to 4 days now. I'm going to try some frozen blood worms later. Any ideas as why it's not eat please help and thanks

Hi yes, it's a 110 liter tank and there's a spotted hoplo in and bristlenose and and a female betta and 4 golden apple snails in the tank

This is going to sound weird but maybe you have a fish that's a picky eater. I had a school of x-ray (pristella) tetras who refused to eat the new food I bought them.

Is he looking otherwise healthy? No scratching on decorations? No bloated belly? Lethargic? Etc...

He/she still looks good and healthy no scratches no other visible marks. I just fed them some blood worms it took a while but they both and some. I'm busy freezing the crickets I've got and maybe cut the ones that r too big?

Back
Top Bottom