My apistos spawned!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattrox

Aquarium Advice Addict
We have had the fish like 14 days! The female was gill flaring and chasing the Rams and other fish away from the pot she was in. It is dark in there so I couldn't really make out any eggs. So I used the camera flash to probe the darkness. This is what I found. Unfortunately when the fish is in focus the eggs aren't.

Attachments

• apisto_spawn_002.jpg
    apisto_spawn_002.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 97
Congrats!!! :D :D :D

Now u need to observe the tank more!!! when the fries is hatch, the mother will start herding them around the tank, this is when the parent start to hurt other fish.

Wrigglers!

I took a pic and it appears I now have wrigglers.

Attachments

• apisto_wrigglers_002.jpg
    apisto_wrigglers_002.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 28
congrats, I breed cacatuoides myself, I have about a fry a week, how may females and males to you have together in the tank. cacatuoides work best with 3 to 5 females to a male. Cacatuoides are great parenting fish, so you will have no problems with them eating their own or allow other fish to. the female will guide the babes around, and the male will chase off anything that gets to close. Do you have liquidfry, it is best to give it through a big plastic serring(sp.) with air tubing attached to the end. so that you can out it right where the fry is. other wise you waste most of it free floating down, and can fowl your water quickly. Hope this helps. apisto are my specialty so if you would like a few pointer or have some question. Drop me a line. Good luck.

I have only had the fish two weeks. I tried to get the LFS guy to get me 2 females and a male. But I ended up with 2 males.

I need to wait for them to get new stock in because when I went back the only fish left should have been culled by the breeder. I want to swap the second male for another female.

I will be getting the equipment to feed the fry this week.

Back
Top Bottom