My aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kmethy88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

Just after some general advice on my 4ft aquarium.

So it's a 240 litre juwel freshwater aquarium it has a custom 4ft light unit running 2 54w t5 bulbs, the tank itself has 3 pearl gourami's, 5 harlequins, 5 swordtails, 3 Dalmatian mollies, 1 kulhi loach, 1 rainbow shark ,4 bumblebee platys, 7 neon tetras and various guppy, platy and Molly babies.

I have live plants which include water sprite, duckweed, Hygrophila polysperma, sagittaria subulata, and a couple of unknown plants (1 large grass and a anubias looking plant)

It also has a custom wet/ dry filter and a diy co2 system

Is my tank overstocked??
Are my lights too much or not enough??
Do I need to be injecting co2??

So much conflicting information from my lfs, internet and other sources starting to get really confused.

Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance.

AK

Is my tank overstocked??
No, but I wouldn't add more fish either. You're right around what a 60 gallon tank can healthily hold. That is until your fry mature.

Are my lights too much or not enough??
You're on the bright end of a low-light aquarium

Do I need to be injecting co2??
This depends on your government. In the United States, you are free to do as you please and do not need to do anything. ;)

Unless you're planning on upgrading your lights as well, this probably isn't necessary.

I'm glad to hear I don't have to get rid of any fish.

The reason I started with co2 was because I had hardly any growth on my plants apart from my water sprite and duckweed.

I dose with seachem flourish comp once a week but doesn't seem to do too much.

I was planning an upgrade on lights upto 4 54w bulbs to see if that helped the plants.

What do you think??

Back
Top Bottom