my bala shark fish is acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaiMero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i cant post video on here so im unsure on how to explain what hes doing. my bala shark is staying in one spot but zooming left and right onto the tank but hes not swimming anywhere just in that one spot. hes moving very quickily it almost looks like hes having a seizure or something. i couldnt find anything online about so now i just hope someone has an answer?

Bala sharks are social fish and need to be in large numbers, so therefore a big tank in needed.

If you have just 1 bala shark, its not really surprising it gets stressed, and stress can lead to other ill health issues. How many sharks do you have and how big is the tank?

Bala sharks are social fish and need to be in large numbers, so therefore a big tank in needed.

If you have just 1 bala shark, its not really surprising it gets stressed, and stress can lead to other ill health issues. How many sharks do you have and how big is the tank?

30 gallon tank and 1 shark

4 minimum bala sharks and 120g tank. Preferably a few more sharks and 150g tank.

All you will keep running into with your set up is ill health. The fish will be stunted, wont have enough swimming space etc. Best option is to rehome the fish unless you plan on a massive upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom