My Barb tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradicaljh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys!

I added the final stock to my first aquarium today and thought I'd make a post here about the tank, and what's in it!

I have a 165L/44G 3 foot tank with a light color sand that I washed thoroughly. The tank also has a 100w aqua one heater (which might seem a little low, but I live in a warm climate and the heater is almost never on) and an external canister (2 trays polyfil and 1 tray aqua one ceramic noodles) which can turn the tank over about 8 times an hour. I do a 40% water change weekly and dose with SeaChem Prime.

Inhabitants:
  • 5 Rosy Barbs
  • 5 Tiger Barbs
  • 3 Green Tiger Barbs
  • 3 Albino/gold Tiger Barbs
  • 2 CAEs
  • 1 Mystery Snail

Additionally, I have an Anubias Nana and some Pearl Grass but the Tigers seem to like to eat, or at least chew on, the Pearl Grass so I might eventually replace it with another Anubias.

Everything in the tank seems very happy, there is no nipping, only some chasing here and there which looks playful more than anything. I know the CAE have the potential to get big and aggressive and if they do I will replace them with a couple of bristlenose plecos. Anyway, that's the setup so far, I think I'm gonna focus on getting some more driftwood or something more for the bottom now. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5775.jpg
    IMG_5775.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 154
Nice tank!! I currently have a ten gallon tank with 2 odessa barbs, and a black-spot filament barb. Do you know of any other fish that can go peacefully with barbs?

Thanks guys!

From what I know, pretty much all bottom dwellers (unless they themselves are aggressive) go fine and won't be bothered by even Tiger Barbs which are semi-aggressive. I'm not sure about other mid level fish, I have tigers and rosys together fine, no nipping at all, but I think different barbs will go together well so that's a given :p

Back
Top Bottom