My betta doesn't seem happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cginflorida

Aquarium Advice FINatic
:(

I wonder if it's because there's too much current in the 10 gal. I have an AquaClear mini filter which I can reduce the flow, and an airstone. I could keep the filter flow reduced and turn off the airstone, but I also have 4 otos in the tank.

Would that be okay for the otos?

Betta's love currents! So that's probally not the problem. I have the same filter. I would try to reduce the flow for a day or too, just to see.

hhb, I turned off the airstone and keep the filter running full. One side of the tank is now quiet, the betta is definitely much happier and the otos are fine, too. Problem solved. :D

happyhillbilly said:
Betta's love currents!

Happyhillbilly, this is not true in the majority of the cases. Fish with long fins, like bettas, prefer slower-moving water. Bettas will do well in a community tank if there is a place they can go to get away from the current (if they are compatible with the rest of the occupants, of course.) cginflorida has adjusted her tank so that all the fish are happy.

Back
Top Bottom