My cherry barbs are pigs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bengoshi2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any suggestions on how I can keep my 3 cherry barbs from eating the veggies and algae tabs I put in the tank for my oto? The tank is fairly free of algae right now and I have been trying to supplement the oto's diet... But those dang barbs appear to be eating it all first!

Before anyone asks, the barbs get fed once/day. I had been feeding twice/day but cut back because the barbs were getting a bit pudgy.

You could feed them first and then try and sneak the veggies in... not sure if that would last long enough for the oto to get it though. JAS (just a suggestion)

I have a similar problem with my Tank. I have 1 Oto and too many Peppered Cory Cats. The Cats steal the wafers all the time. I crush the wafers in million pieces. I'm sure the Oto finds a few bites here and there.

I have albino barbs and they are the same way. I just throw in one big wafer. It's too big for the barbs to swim around with, so it goes to the bottom and ALL the fish just go at it for about 30 min.

Feed sinking food an hour or more after dark.

Back
Top Bottom