my first anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AusAaron

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know what sort this is.

ForumRunner_20120525_153851.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120525_153830.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120525_153830.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 144
  • ForumRunner_20120525_153851.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120525_153851.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 227
AusAaron said:
Does anyone know what sort this is.

Not sure but I love it! I gave my nem back after researching they do much better in a established tank so my wife is gonna get me a small one for Xmas. That will be over a year for my tank and should be ok by then. I have a bubble tip nem and it was awesome but was scared so returned it. Hope someone can answer your question.

Good luck with it though :)

Wow.. Not sure why those other pics jumped in. Oh well.. Some sort of bubble tip IM thinking. Hopefully all goes well. Thnks

AusAaron said:
Wow.. Not sure why those other pics jumped in. Oh well.. Some sort of bubble tip IM thinking. Hopefully all goes well. Thnks

Haha I was wondering what that pic was of the tank lol I was saying I never saw a nem like that lol. Seriously though good luck. Can't wait till Xmas for mine! Doing more research so I get one that doesn't get too big.

Convict2161 said:
Haha I was wondering what that pic was of the tank lol I was saying I never saw a nem like that lol. Seriously though good luck. Can't wait till Xmas for mine! Doing more research so I get one that doesn't get too big.

Lol. The lfs dude said this one is the easiest to care for and doesn't sting so thought I'd give it a go for the clowns. Hopefully all good. But it's gone into a cave at minute :( do I leave it to do it's thing? That other pic is of two black tips in a Bali restraint lol. Bad pic. Phone uploaded it by mistake

I think it's best to let it do it's thing. It will move around until it's happy from what I've read. And even then after time it may decide to move again. My fiends nem moves often, sometimes you can't even see it for a little then it realizes its in a bad spot and moves.

Convict2161 said:
I think it's best to let it do it's thing. It will move around until it's happy from what I've read. And even then after time it may decide to move again. My fiends nem moves often, sometimes you can't even see it for a little then it realizes its in a bad spot and moves.

Yeah same.. Hopefully it comes out and picks a good spot. Thnks

It's a sebae anemone. It will get quite big and needs intense lighting. What lights do you have. Just let it move around to find its own spot.

JoshuA c said:
It's a sebae anemone. It will get quite big and needs intense lighting. What lights do you have. Just let it move around to find its own spot.

oh k thanks.. The dude at lfs said it only needed low light. And had them in a tank with no light. Screwed by the lfs again no doubt. I've only got an aqua one tank with two marine bulbs. They r fairly bright but not the best

oh k thanks.. The dude at lfs said it only needed low light. And had them in a tank with no light. Screwed by the lfs again no doubt. I've only got an aqua one tank with two marine bulbs. They r fairly bright but not the best

Those lights won't sustain an anemone; let alone a sebae. If you can return it, I would. Awfully strange an LFS would keep that anemone under no light. Either the LFS is being pretty cheap and cruel, or doesn't have a clue as to what's going on. :ermm:

AquaRick said:
Those lights won't sustain an anemone; let alone a sebae. If you can return it, I would. Awfully strange an LFS would keep that anemone under no light. Either the LFS is being pretty cheap and cruel, or doesn't have a clue as to what's going on. :ermm:
hmmmm...i.e. That sux. Yeah that's what I thought. And I asked about it too and said don't they need it.. Wait till I c him again...grrr

AquaRick said:
hmmmm...i.e. That sux. Yeah that's what I thought. And I asked about it too and said don't they need it.. Wait till I c him again...grrr... And I love it. Maybe I can find some leds quickly and throw the hood off. They normally seem all over it.

Back
Top Bottom