my first coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greatgman

Aquarium Advice Freak
is a leather about 1.5 inches
in the way home the bag leaked
but luckily i was close enough to my mothers house to put it in a container
even after it fell off its rock is was on and after 1 day it is still retracted
oh it dropped on the ground going to my car (about 3 feet- thats how the bag leaked i think)

how long would i take to open up?
i also got some oyster eggs to feed it once a week

Thats what I call a rough ride home. I would say in a couple days under ordinary circumstances but your leather did not incur ordinary circumstances.

It really depends on how bad you stressed it out by dropping the bag and handling it. It could take a few days. I would not worry, these corals are fairly solid. Good luck. Also, depending on how much you feed your display could mean you won't have to target feed. I do a medium to heavy feeding of high quality pellet and frozen foods every other day.

well i was told the coral does get food from the light but i should feed once a week
and was talked into oyster eggs
was not expensive and lasts a while
(he had a large container - 1 quart - and it was barely 1/4 empty as he had it for over a year feeding twice a week -)
he has several reef tanks plus a dedicattd propagation tank 180 bow glass tank
he is a big help (trust me i had a ton of questions b4 buying the coral)

Any chance it was also stepped upon after you dropped it :lol: :?:

Couldn't resist - sorry. :wink:

Congratulations and welcome to the addiction. 8)

Agree it should open up in a couple of days. One thing I did to really help my corals was keeping up on pwc and adding a pura filter pad to my sump filtration.

Good luck,

Welcome to the rehab meeting. You have accomplished the hardest task. Now that you can admit your addiction we are here to tell you it will not get better. It starts as one, then three, then you need a bigger tank since you filled the first one up.

Give the leather a few days before you try to target feed it. They are tough. It just depends on how much damage was done when it was dropped.

runway 1 no i didnt step on it - i picked up the bag within seconds

afilter it opened up about halfway at about 2pm and almost fully at five

thanks brenden i agree thats why i am giong for a 180 bowfront acrylic tank (still saving up for it)

what type of leather? All the leathers I know of get food from light. and feeding Oyster eggs IMO are too big for leathers. Feeding micro or phytoplankton is helpful. A pic or the name would be helpful

Back
Top Bottom