My Fish In Cycle :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Miss Jessica. My name is James.
I recommend that you use stress zyme in your tank to speed up the eco system in your filtration unit, this is the need bacteria for converting nastys in the water to fresh livable water. Creates healthy bacteria in the filter. I also suggest aquarium salt for your cycling tank or your fish are really going to suffer and you will not know it because fish really do not show expression. Change the water by 1/3rd when ever the ammonia level becomes more then .25 until 0.0 and then your all set up. You need a ph tester and keep the water soft at 6.8 to help set up your filter with the healthy bacteria to grow, they wil not grow quickly with ph higher then 7.2
You need an ammonia tester, the more green it turns, the higher concentration of ammonia and with the naked eye, your never going to "know" the ammonia level.
Your fish "look" fine, but in aquarium life, looks are indeed decieving. You will need a gravel vacuum.

I recommend that you use stress zyme in your tank to speed up the eco system in your filtration unit, this is the need bacteria for converting nastys in the water to fresh livable water. Creates healthy bacteria in the filter. I also suggest aquarium salt for your cycling tank or your fish are really going to suffer and you will not know it because fish really do not show expression. Change the water by 1/3rd when ever the ammonia level becomes more then .25 until 0.0 and then your all set up. You need a ph tester and keep the water soft at 6.8 to help set up your filter with the healthy bacteria to grow, they wil not grow quickly with ph higher then 7.2
You need an ammonia tester, the more green it turns, the higher concentration of ammonia and with the naked eye, your never going to "know" the ammonia level.
Your fish "look" fine, but in aquarium life, looks are indeed decieving. You will need a gravel vacuum.

No offense, but Ms. Jessica knows all of this (just read the pages of this thread). And her ph needs to be a bit higher for the sake of her cichlids. Great info you gave....just already been covered here. :) ;)

Jill said:
No offense, but Ms. Jessica knows all of this (just read the pages of this thread). And her ph needs to be a bit higher for the sake of her cichlids. Great info you gave....just already been covered here. :) ;)

Thanks Jill! :)

Fishman4u said:

Hi James! I'm pretty religious with my wc's! Also I keep African cichlids who prefer a higher ph :) I do have a gravel vac and since I have sand its very easy to keep clean :) I'm doin the best I know how to keep these guys happy and healthy :) I use the API master test kit and do a wc whenever it warrants one :)

API master kit, Prime and your water changes. DON'T change what your doing. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Your fine just the way you are. Don't start adding other chemicals.

Jill said:

x1000000

Wait what? 6. What? No way!! You want your pH 8.0-8.2. Stick to what your doing Jess your doing fine.

Also don't add salt, no need to. This is a long debated topic. Later on If you want you can add salt like every other week maybe. But the ONLY time I use salt (kosher salt) is when treated for ich, columnaris or something of that sort. Also your LIVE plants aren't going to like salt!

It helps if people read the entire thread before offering advice.

Last edited:
AndrewsPistol said:
Hi James! I'm pretty religious with my wc's! Also I keep African cichlids who prefer a higher ph :) I do have a gravel vac and since I have sand its very easy to keep clean :) I'm doin the best I know how to keep these guys happy and healthy :) I use the API master test kit and do a wc whenever it warrants one :)

And there you have it... Doing great Jess! :)

Convict2161 said:
Wait what? 6. What? No way!! You want your pH 8.0-8.2. Stick to what your doing Jess your doing fine.

Also don't add salt, no need to. This is a long debated topic. Later on If you want you can add salt like every other week maybe. But the ONLY time I use salt (kosher salt) is when treated for ich, columnaris or something of that sort. Also your LIVE plants aren't going to like salt!

It helps if people read the entire thread before offering advice.

I'm gonna keep things the way they are, its working for me and the fishes are happy campers :) Rock scape will be complete tonight! Yay!!!

ejaramillo01 said:
Lol

But I agree, Convict advice really help you all the way..Miss Jessica lol

Yep, he has been there from the start :) super thankful too! All my fish are doin great!

Awe... Thanks!! Glad I could help!! I've learned a lot from the members here so I felt the need to share plus... I love African Cichlid's , should we tell them how it started lol!!

Convict2161 said:
Awe... Thanks!! Glad I could help!! I've learned a lot from the members here so I felt the need to share plus... I love African Cichlid's , should we tell them how it started lol!!

Lol,funny story!

Convict2161 said:
API master kit, Prime and your water changes. DON'T change what your doing. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Your fine just the way you are. Don't start adding other chemicals.

Only thing I recommend to also use is stability.

Back
Top Bottom