My fish tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xr3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im am new to this site along with the hobby in general. I have a 10 gallon tank stocked with 2 german blue rams, a small pleco, 2 albino corrys, a dwarf african frog and a small school of tetras. (that tank is roughly a month and a half old) I currently have a bit of an ick issue that started up a few days ago :nono: but i have gotten the medication and have been treating since the day i found out.. hoping for the best I don't want any of my fish to die :ermm: As for my 37 gallon tank I have been cycling it for about 8 days now and all seems well. Currently I have one guppy from my LPS wondering around in there and he is full of life! If you have any suggestions on fish or things to maybe improve let me know I'm open to anything as I'm very new to the hobby!

10g is WAY over stocked. Rams are too big for a 10. Pleco too big for a 10. Cories too active for a 10 and do better in shoals with more than 5. What kind of tetras?

You mentioned a 37. Hopefully that is where these are going. You can often cure ich by slowy getting temp in the 85 /86 range and holding it for 2 weeks or so.

In a 10g i would always recommend weekly pwc.

The pleco won't get bigger than 4 inches, according to the store I bought him from. As for the rams ive seen a lot of people say they do great in 10g .. I'm spacing the type of tetra but they have a blue stripe down there sides.

Its your tank. Do you know what kind of pleco? Clown?

Tetras sound like neons. Well good luck.

Not a pleco expert. I believe its a bristle nose. If so it needs a 20g or bigger. Most other plecos need even bigger tank.

Google bristle nose. Remember all these fish grow too. Just not good stocking. I assure you fish will not make it. Not trying to be mean.

Not a pleco expert. I believe its a bristle nose. If so it needs a 20g or bigger. Most other plecos need even bigger tank.

Do you have any suggestions for the bigger tank? I was thinking an angel fish and a rainbow shark?

Angels could really use more room than a 37. Rainbow need a 90g and up.

10g make great rcs tanks
Great guppy/endler tanks
Great Betta tank
Great micro rasbora tank

Id move rams and neons over to 37. Get some more cories. If it a bn he can go. If he goes id rehome the cories.

Adf can stay with guppy in 10g and get four more for total of 5. Id get all males.

Angels could really use more room than a 37. Rainbow need a 90g and up.

10g make great rcs tanks
Great guppy/endler tanks
Great Betta tank
Great micro rasbora tank

Id move rams and neons over to 37. Get some more cories. If it a bn he can go. If he goes id rehome the cories.

Adf can stay with guppy in 10g and get four more for total of 5. Id get all males.

Thanks dude I'll think about everything you said

Back
Top Bottom