MY FISH WONT EAT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mercury64

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently decided to do an all tank tank ,I added a soho-powder blue-nasa to my tank in which I had a puple tang-mimic tang- tamato clown and a squrriel fish, all are eaten except the powder blue, I have not tried to feed them yet today but Theywere aded friday night
I do notice the powder blue tends to be very shy and stays alone away from the other fish, I feel so bad for him as I don't want him to dye if he is unhappy in my tank
The soho was picking on just him until I added the nasa which is double his size, best thing I did
The nasa is very calm and does not bother anyone, in fact he likes to hang with the powder blue and the soho does not bother him as much anymore as he is intimedated by the nasa due to his size
I've tried flake-pellits-myses-algea, no luck ,I heard something on here one time about some kind of garlic that will make a fish eat, anybody have info or know of this, any suggestions would be helpful

That is an aweful ot of tangs, even in a 125. YOu should only attempt to keep two or three max. Stress will almost certainly be a problem with these tangs. As for feeding, try haning nori as they like to have something to graze on. You can also try soaking the food in a garlic product before feeding.

tangs-powder blue-nasa-soho and a mimic-purple, all are eaten except the powder blue, the blue and the soho went in at the same time ,tried every food there is and then some

Look for Garlic Guard liquid at the LFS to soak the food in.

The powder blues is smaller than the Soho too, I'll bet. If so, even thought they went in at the same time, it was probably intimidated from the start. Maybe the naso will help. But try the garlic.

And..... be ready for any possible ick outbreak from the stress and lack of eating. Hopefully not, but it sounds like there could be one lurking.

Back
Top Bottom