My fishtank is turning all purple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tio70

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 85 gallons with skimmer 50 pounds of live rock
2 clown fish a condy anemona, some hermit crab and cleaner shrimps
and after every water change my sand and my rock is growing somethin between purple and borwn lets say is most puple I guess is alguee, I checked all the parameters and everything seems to be good

I this kind of algee bad for the aquarium

Hard to really say what's going on without pictures or a better description, but if it's hard purple stuff that doesn't blow off, then that's probably coraline algae - a good thing. If it's purple slimy stuff and can be brushed off, then that's probably cyanobacteria - a bad thing. And the brown stuff... if could also be cyanobacteria, but if it looks more like a rusty powder, then that's diatoms - a normal thing that happens early in a tank's life. Eventually they will burn themselves out.

Thanks Kurt I started my tank in December and i will show you some pictures so you can have better idea what's going on, I pretty new in all this stuff but i like it

I found what was the problem after too muchs reaserching it was circulation problem and phosfate accumulation

I added a phosphate absortion media and its much better

Back
Top Bottom