My Golden Ram is pale and sinking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jCurve

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hmmmm... Came home to a very pale very sickly looking male golden ram tonight. Even as I write this I'm 99.9% sure I'm waking up to a dead fish. I have two golden rams both bought recently and they have been in quarantine for nearly 3 weeks. The female is still fine, in the same tank and has all her colour. I thought the male was starting to look a little pale the other day but yesterday he was fine and now well se attached picture. All water parameters are fine. The ram is gasping for air and the gills look a little red but I think that's just because he's turned white. You will note however that the pectoral fins are a bit tattered. All the other fins are fine.

Any thoughts on why a fish would suddenly turn whitish and sink within the space of 24 hours??? Pretty sure this ones a gonner but i don't want it to happen again : (

Attachments

• image-1184953011.jpg
    image-1184953011.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 116
jCurve said:
Hmmmm... Came home to a very pale very sickly looking male golden ram tonight. Even as I write this I'm 99.9% sure I'm waking up to a dead fish. I have two golden rams both bought recently and they have been in quarantine for nearly 3 weeks. The female is still fine, in the same tank and has all her colour. I thought the male was starting to look a little pale the other day but yesterday he was fine and now well se attached picture. All water parameters are fine. The ram is gasping for air and the gills look a little red but I think that's just because he's turned white. You will note however that the pectoral fins are a bit tattered. All the other fins are fine.

Any thoughts on why a fish would suddenly turn whitish and sink within the space of 24 hours??? Pretty sure this ones a gonner but i don't want it to happen again : (

This sounds like some sort of gill infection. When i first got one of my ryukins i did alot of research on it due to the fact one of mine is missing her gill covers. You might be able to find meds to treat this if you want. I know it is treatable but from what you said this one sounds pretty fargone. Pls exuse any spelling errors i'm on a tablet

Back
Top Bottom