My goldfish keep chasing each other and touching lips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldfish620

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My two goldfish are chasing each other around for fun no aggressiveness involved what should I do does this mean they are about to breed I am nervous a lot. They follow each other everyday every moment of the day!!!!

Sent from my HP 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

On your other post you mentioned it's a ten gallon? This is not 'playing' nor is it 'breeding' behaviors. It's simply aggression from a severe lack of space and likely less than ideal water conditions. The best thing for them is an upgrade as soon as possible.

Orandas have one of the largest growth potentials for fancies. The world record holding fancy is an oranda named Bruce who measures over 18 inches. I would move them to atleast a 40-55g. Plastic tubs (50g) are under $20 at any large discount store and will work as an inexpensive tank in the interim if funds are tight. Please ask if you have questions!

Thank you I am trying to get different answers from different people and what they think about upgrading right now my hands are on a 55 or 29 buyer and I am 13 so yay that's the age requirements right I just put in my year I think I put it in wrong like 1998 by accident...

Sent from my HP 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom