My goldfish seems sad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meiel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there,
I have come to the conclusion that my almost 6 year old goldfish is possibly depressed. He/she is approximately 10” long to tail a about 2.5 inches thick? And he is living in a pretty big tank 3ft by 1.5 ish size don’t recall the gallons. He eats well (is always hungry, he is a goldfish after all, I feed him twice a day) but more often than not he is sitting close to the bottom of the tank in the far corner (sad). I was thinking maybe he is lonely or bored, but I am concerned about getting him a tank mate because they would be so small by comparison. I got him as a 10 cent feeder fish...
he has two filters and a bubbler. Tunnel he’s too big for and three “plants”. Does anyone have any advice? I almost wonder if I should find him someone with their own gold fish pond so he can have real space, but I don’t know ?

Thanks for your time,

M

There might be some goldfish people here that can recommend if a new home or a new friend would be best for your fish. But in the meantime, do you check the water parameters regularly? Just to make sure something isn't bothering him. You migh rearrange stuff in his tank from time to time, or swap out a new "plant" for him to explore. Don't expect him to trick a backflip over it, but little bits of enrichment can make a day more exciting.

Back
Top Bottom