My Invert Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charmscale

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm currently working on an invert tank. Right now it's having a green water problem, so I added some daphnia to fix that. The only other residents right now are malaysian trumpet snails, bubble snails, and a few plants, but I'm planning to add cherry shrimp, more plants, and a few other snail varieties once the water is clearer.

I'm really starting to love the daphnia. They're really cute, in a sea monkey sort of way. They've already made the water a bit clearer and they've only been in there a few days.

My one decoration is one of those dead bonsai tree things. I'll add java moss to that, and grow and prune it until I've got sort of a willowy look. I'll post some pics when I'm done, if y'all want.

I've been keeping various water creatures for probably around a decade. This is my first time with daphnia, though. I think I've visited this forum before to read threads with advice about critter keeping. If you want, I can show you a pic now, and keep up the pics as things change so you can see the whole before/after effect.

It will be interesting to watch. Please do keep the story coming like this fron the "beginning". It is good to watch all the stages. And not everyone gets the opportunity to keep Daphnia!

Back
Top Bottom