My new burr puffer!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terrance said:
Prazipro or Jungle meds are the popular choice.

How do you explain the thread you posted about the porcupine? In that pic, it was definitely a porc since I didn't see any erected spikes.

Yes that pic was absolutely a porc however when I went to pick him up two days later the poor guy had ick all over him and they were treating him. This burr fish was already treated and free of ick and eating.

There's the porc I was ginna get :(.

And there's my spiny box/ burr fish

Attachments

• image-895036129.jpg
    image-895036129.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image-407731429.jpg
    image-407731429.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 106
And I've read great stuff and results with prazipro. But didn't know I could just soak his food in it??

Ohh ok. You're lucky to have a good LFS available in your area.

I used Prazipro + aquarium garlic to get him to start eating. I used raw shrimp for best result. First thaw (from frozen) shrimp, then pour in some prazipro and garlic. Let it soak for 5min, then be sure your puff eat and swallow the shrimp. You will be lucky if he eats and swallow one bite. Sometimes they spit it out.

I wasn't aggressive on treatment for my first two 1-week treatment (each on different months). My puff spit it out a lot. The third time, I treated for 2 straight week and I made sure Barney ate the food and swallow. If hungry, my guy swallowed at least 1 bite and spit the 2nd and 3rd bite out. No garlic though.

Soaking food is many times more effective than treating water. Treating water does very little to kill parasites.

My guy
Like mentioned early thus far ate everything I have given him I just want to treat him for ip just as a precaution. I'm gonna soak all my fish food and I guess treat all my fish then

2x cinnamon clowns
1x engineer
1x three stripe damsel
1x spiny box puffer

Is it okay to add vitamin c to the food along with prazipro?? I personally do think it will hurt.

Im not even sure about that. I all soak food in vitachem, but i did not do it during treatment.

Well I went to three aquarium stores and three out of three all recommended mr g's food medically treated food to kill internal and external fish parasites. Have y'all tried it. I
Purchased it along with a very expensive garlic food additive and vitamin supplements for the water.

Heres a new pic of her and here tank mates

Attachments

• image-1800522348.jpg
    image-1800522348.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 92
  • image-4007354710.jpg
    image-4007354710.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 116
  • image-1930505014.jpg
    image-1930505014.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 84
Back