My new quarantine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10Gallon

Aquarium Advice Regular
I never used to quarantine new fish. But last month when I got Cardinals they had ich and died during treatment. Fortunately I only lost one of the existing fish other than the Cardinals. So yesterday at Petco I got this plastic pet container. Looks like it's about 3.5-4 gallons. I keep very small fish so it should be large enough. I had to duct tape a shim on it so the filter would be level. It's lighter and easier to set up than my 5.5g glass tank. Now when I get new fish all I have to do is set it up, put tank water in it, put a heater, and one of the HOB filters off a running tank for BB(I run 2 HOB on my tanks)and put new fish in there for a few weeks.

mUBB6Af.jpg

6a7hwu2.jpg

kPgiDvy.jpg

I just float jars with air stones in mine. But nice set up, good plan. Just be careful with your flow from the filter on it with some fish. Might become too strong for them.

Angel makes a good point.....what will the HOB size be on the QT? I don't think you will be able to use anything over a 10g filter without stressing the fish out from fighting high flow/current.

Angel makes a good point.....what will the HOB size be on the QT? I don't think you will be able to use anything over a 10g filter without stressing the fish out from fighting high flow/current.
I have the same filter. It's a 10-15. They are pretty strong, I don't use mine anymore. Sponge filter would be better. But can always modify.

The Aqua Tech 5-15 pictured above. It was $11usd at Walmart and if you raise the intake tube, you can reduce the flow much more than an AC20.

if it's still too strong,( my was on a 10 gallon) you can put a green scotch pad inside the filter to thicken it up and that helps. I also wrapped the intake with a thin sponge and rubber band. Just alittle modification idea to have in mind.[emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom