My peacock wont eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MRW349

Aquarium Advice Newbie
my sunburst peacock wont eat anymore and its loosing weight and when its swims around looks like it has no energy and a couple other fish are starting to pick on him and he just keeps to himself. any ideas with whats wrong with him?

Are you sure its a male and not a holding female? My females give that appearance every time they're holding.

You're going to have to provide some additional info, if the above is not the case. Water parameters, new additions, anything different in the tank, how long it's been since it started, etc.

its been in the tank for 2 months now nothing is different in the tank water is good. pretty sure he is a male because the other males in the tank which are sunshine peacocks they chase him and dont chase the other sunburst peacocks and if it was a female with babies wouldnt her mouth be swelled up from having the babies in there? which it is not.

Having a photo would help in the diagnosis.

It could be 'skinny disease'. If it is infact that the prognosis is not so good.

My sunburst peacock now has a Gregory mark on it's side behind his fin if anyone thinks they know what it is and could help me out.

Again a picture would really help out. Really can't help out too much.

My general advice for a superficial mark would be to do a 50% pwc and treat with melafix (and primafix).

My peacock just died this weekend and that grey spot on the side I was talking about there was a hole now like something came out of his stomach.now another peacock is starting to act the way the one that just died did.

Back
Top Bottom