My Pleco has turned from brown to peach....PLEASE HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kidafius

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 Oscars and 1 pleco. They are in a 75 gallon and one of my oscars recently passed away. They (the pet store) said that she hit herself on the rock and died from self inflicted wounds. Well My question is acctually regarding my pleco. He turned peach when my first oscar died and now he is peach again. Im not sure what's going on but I'm worried. I feed him alge wafers (about 8-12 a day) and recently had to treat my tank 'again' for HITH (which is a 5 day deal). But, Im worried and I would greatly appreciate any advice! (p.S. All my levels are perfect!?). Thanks

Few questions:

What are you using to treat for hole in the head? Is it safe for scaleless fish (I'm guessing its an antibiotic and they usually are, but better to check. If it is, it may muck up your biological filter...be careful)?

Have there been any changes in the tank? New substrate, decor, tankmates? When you say perfect levels, what are the numbers exactly?

Plecs change color for a number of reasons; camoflauge, maturity, stress, environment. Hard to guess whats going on with your guy without more info.

I am using Paragon to treat for HITH. It comes in the red package. I removed the carbon filters to do the treatment. No new changes at all, I do my nitrates and pH and they are good and the pet store says the rest are "normal". My pleco is one and a half years old, and we have volcanic rock a large piece of wood and a garden of smooth rocks. We have plastic plants b/c the oscar loves to play with them. I do weekly H2O changes with good H2O. I don't know what else to say...Help me if you can.Thanks!

As a note, just for the record......the 2 posts above are from a friend of mine. I do salt, but she has the FW. I don't know jack about FW, so i had her ask for your help.

Back
Top Bottom