My poor oranda is a mess! Please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishiewittie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just adopted two orandas (about 4 inches) from the petstore. One is healthy as can be and the other I knew was sick, but I thought it would be easy to cure.

I bought an all in one treatment lifeguard from tetra, and when I got home I used 4 tablets and took out the carbon, like it the direction said but they started to wiggle on the top of the tank vertically and opening and closing their mouths and gills really fast so I freaked out, changed 35% of the water, replaced the carbon and now they're better.

The one oranda has a stringy white hole on it's head and one eye has cloudy dots.
reference picture: http://www.finmood.com/forum/forumpic/14862_DSC_4917_1.jpg
it looks just like that except not red.

I'm not sure what to do, the water test is just fine, but I'm not sure what to put in the tank to make the oranda better. Primafix and melafix? Or is the all in one treatment ok?

More info: the tank already has fish in it which I moved to another tank, so the water was cycled (i did do a 80% water change in the tank before putting in the orandas)
They are in a 20 gallon tall for right now until they are healthy and then I will put them in a 40.

I just want the oranda to heal up!

Back
Top Bottom