My REDSEA max /first SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had a TON of micro bubbles because te return was shooting into the "sump" area Slowed the return just slightly and moved the intake to the right of the bubble trap wall thingy

Officially week 8.
Water test to follow
All corals ( buttons and mushroom)
Are opening an growing (mushroom noticibly) coraline I spreading
Took a razor to thick algea around base of glass/sand bed
Current stock is
2 clowns ocellaris
1 dwarf flame angel
1 emerald crab
7 small hermit crabs
2naasssasaaaassassaarius snails
1 electric flame scallop
1 small frag of zoos radioactive dragon eyes
1small mushroom
Those last three I target feed daily
Reef Nutrition oyster feast
Going to supplement with phyto feast

IImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393099801.292178.jpgthis is what I feed the fish. Small amounts every other day. The hermits and crab destroy any scraps. So do the snails when they decide to show up

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393100280.457271.jpg
I'll have to redo PH. I dropped and shattered the test tube.
Everything is within reasonable limits.
Clean water=happy aquarium :)

Salinity 1.026-1.027. Riiiiiight intbetween those two lines.
(I got a refractometer finally)

Day 5 week 8. Added two turbo snails to help out with the algea film on the glass. They seem to love it!

Considering replacing 50/50 bulb with a 10k. To help the zoo grow. Any comments or suggestions on that?

Why did you take a bulb out? You will need all the light you can get if you want the corals to live.

Yeah I put it back in. It needs to be replaced though. It's the light that came with the tank so there's no telling how old it is
Week 9! Nothing has died yet! #winning
Snails are enjoying the film haha
Did a 5 gallon water change...
Everything is near zero nitrates were 5-10 ppm before the change. I'll do another 5 next weekend
I think that will be my on going schedule just change out 5 a week. I'm not great at math but I think that's a weekly 14% WC.

Will the zoos like 10k or actinic better? The guy at my LFS said they like 10k. But I'd like a second opinion.
I'm feeding phyto feast and oyster feast to the scallop mushroom and zoos

I'd really like the mushroom to.....divide?
What conditions do I need to meet for this to occur. It's already grown a lot

Just joined in and I have to say it looks nice! Not sure if I missed it or not but how large is your tank?

As for feeding the flame scallop the only real option to keep one healthy while not fouling your water is to grow your own phytoplankton culture. I feed my Isochrysis culture to my tank every few days (just pour some in) and my flame scallop has been happy for the past 8 months. They are very short lived so will live at most around 2 years. They will end up rejecting most food so you can't even really be sure that your food is working for him.

Also zoas and mushrooms don't need to be fed, your just adding nutrients to your system

Good deal. I've got no problem adding less junk to my water haha.
My tank is 34 gallons
Are there any particular nutrients my zoas need?
I'm using instant ocean. Once the bag runs out I'll start using reef crystals. That's just what's available at my LFS

Two 50/50. Bulbs
Came home to a dead clown fish gunna do a big water change 30-40% and replace all media. Man..... I hate this. It so sad bc clowns are te happiest guys

My nitrates aren't crazy I've got a bit of algea currently tho. I've kept it around for my hermit crabs. I have been swimming all week. I've been in the water for upwards or 5 hours a day I always shower prior to working on te aquarium though. Could it have been chlorine poisoning?

Back
Top Bottom