My Three Waterfalls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RogerMcAllen

Aquarium Advice Addict
I noticed there are a lot of threads about waterfalls for ponds, so I thought I would start a post showing some of the different types.

My first waterfall is a rock I built from concrete. I used plaster lathe for the backbone, and then covered it with cocrete mixed with a glue and fiber. I then threded my hoses up into it.

956Waterfalls-med.jpg

My second waterfall is my upper pond style. I used an 8' diameter sattelite dish as a base, covered it with a liner, and then put concrete around the edges. I tipped the dish forward slightly so that it would spill over into my lower pond. The spraybar I have is a Cedar 6x8. I routed out a trough in the center to create a more even waterflow.

956UP_w_waterfall.jpg

My third waterfall is just a solid piece of granite. I bored a hole in one end for my tubes, cute a trough in the center, and that was about it.

956Dscf0059-med.jpg

If you have any questions about how I made these, feel free to ask. Also, feel free to submit your own designs here, and how you made them.

you people have way too much time and money on ur hands 8P

im a 13 year old that makes 40$ a week when i can mow the lawn. my mom gives me 30$ a month when i cant to satisfy my cravings.

did u make that or did u pay someone to? how much did it cost? how many gallons is it? and is lenox or floorsmorr in southern IL because ive never heard of it and ive heard of mostly every city above springfield

Too much time and money? Hey, i 14 heading into highschool with a low budget and a large summer reading list, and i am still making a 1300 gallon pond this summer. 6x9x3. And a decent sized waterfall. I also mantain a beautiful seven gallon planted aquarium and a nice betta tank. The secret is to find the deals, research, and persaude your mom! Shhhh!

It is right where I-80 hits I-57.

As far as money, the large circular one was free, an old dish laying around.

The concrete one cost maybe $10

The granite was also free because I know a guy

The dish part did because if you look close, the concrete is stamped and stained, so that took a while. Something like 3 hours total. If you are going to try this, make sure you do it before you have fish. My dad nuked my whole pond last year with the stain.

The concrete rock too maybe half an hour to make, and a day to cure.

The granite took about a half hour of grinding and hitting with a hammer.

lol that sounds frusterating. do you have any fish in there yet?? and did you seal it or anything so it wouldnt make the water harder or are you not putting fish in or are u getting to it, or are you not sealing it at all or is that what the stain was for

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom