my turn to ask a fun question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkLehr

Aquarium Advice Activist
I will soon be the owner of a 12 foot long, 13 inch wide, custom made 150 gallon aquarium. Basically, it is approx. 3 x 55 gallon tanks put aside each other.

I have no idea what i am going to do. It will be freshwater. It will not be a live plant tank. Other than that, it is up from grabs.

I would love to hear from you as to what tanks you have enjoyed the most in your past and what tanks you have found to be the most attractive. You can just list the fish if you like & leave out explanations of compatability. I will understand! I have the experience for any level of difficulty, so let your creativity fly! Lets impressive my wife with what we can do inside a glass box.

Ideas?

Have a cichlid tank with a few other fish in it. Try some cories and a krib, tetras, barbs, a chocolate pleco that kinda stuff.
Go back to my post lets talk fish please i LOVE talking about fish to someone.

Dan ;)

I have given Neons some thought. Maybe add 6 to 8 Ramirez with them? Nice idea. Keep them coming!

I would definatly try and have a school of about 15 two in tetras of sorts (serpea, black skirt, whatever tickles ur fancy)

I think rams are gorgeous fish

As well as cherry barbs

dwarf gouramis are pretty, too

So many fish options!

wow 150g.... oscars or cichlids would be cool to have. Or a big school of neons, that would be fun to watch.

Black gravel, 150 neons (or cardinals), a school of 25 albino cories, and two trios of blue rams. With some careful aquascaping and good lighting, that would be quite visually stunning.

Discus! That would look very cool, but they would probably prefer a planted tank.

-or-

Another idea that wouldn't require plants would be Frontosas. I've always thought that these fish were beautiful. It would be cool to have a big tank like the one you are talking about with a few Frontosas and a rocky landscape.

I would have never considered black substrate. You are all making some nice suggestions. Keep them rolling in!

A large school or rummynosed tetras.
Another large school of your favorite species of cory cats.
Either Discus or Angels (I've heard you can't put the two together)
A school of rainbow fish.
A school of giant danios.

A 150gal tank would make a great Osacr tank.

I have four in my 180gal with silk plants two pieces of large driftwood and sand substrate.

If you have a tank this big you should consider the fish that get too big for most tanks -- like the freshwater sharks and some of the big plecos.

Well you sure have alot of options with a tank like that. No matter what you decide it will be quite a conversation piece.

I'd think about some of the larger fish. Maybe a leporinis, some of the larger plecos. I've always liked the big catfish.

i'd def have to get a large plec, maybe a Titanicus Pleco or a Snow King Pleco... or maybe a preditory catfish!

I'm liking the idea of some bigger fish. I have an 11 month old son who would certainly enjoy the larger fish and would see them much better.

I am a little concerned about only having 13'' width. I'm not sure an Oscar, etc. would be a good selection for a tank without much room to rurn around. I love Leporinus (or Anostomus ?), so maybe I will do a school of them. I bet some Tiger Barbs & Leporinus would compliment each other nicely.

Thanks for the ideas!

Back
Top Bottom