My water conditioner clouds my water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thats_so_fab

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys
My water conditioner clouds my water. My water ager is fine, but the thing is the conditioner makes the water a bit green and murky for a day, but it clears up the next day. My question is, is it safe to put the fish in as soon as you put the conditioner and ager in ? Woud the fish get sick if they eat the little conditioner cyrstals ? My friend who works at a pet shop says that it's completely safe to put the fish in the tank once the ager, and condtioner is in, but what do you guys think ? I just want whats safest for my betta.
xoxox

Water conditioners are not known to cloud water. Something else may be a factor such as lighting nitrates and phosphates. The green is most likely an algae bloom. What is the brand conditioner you are using?

no.. the water conditioner come in crystals and are yellow.. when they go into the water it becomes green.. as for the brand, its a no name brand.

It sounds like it might be something like 'Start Right'. That doesn't seem like it is what is making your water cloudy though.

What exactly do you mean by 'ager'?

well theres the water ager, and theres the water conditioner.
Water ager is a blue liquid. and the condioner is tiny crystals.

All you need is something like Prime. I haven't heard of the things your talking about. Can you get some Prime instead?

I thought I was missing something because I have never heard of these products either. I agree with Wolf, Prime is the best declorinator, but any declorinator if you can't get Prime will work. Tank water doesn't need to be aged or conditioned IMO. But the combination of the colors they produce could cause your water to be cloudy I would guess.

Back
Top Bottom