Mysterious fish deaths no longer mysterious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okies.. But i seriously did go a very long time without vaccing and it is really gross... Maybe... on sat and sun then let my fishies chill and my gravel resettle during the week..

Just gravel half the tank. Then it gives the bacteria time to establish. let it get a little gross. Your trying to build a foundation.

I could try... but all of the local stores charge 2.99, im not sure if petsmart does it.. or charges though...

PetSmart doesn't charge, at least in my area. Most stores don't and if your being charged, I think that's terrible. I've never heard of that.

Im on the bad side of my family members. They think im going tank crazy cause i keep asking why i cant get a qt tank with my leftover christmas money. I dun want all the baby fry to get aten v.v

I have money, She just wont let me spend it on more fish stuff cause ive only had my tank since christmass

LOL It's a hard addiction to explain. And trying to explain that there are some wacko's online that are far worse, isn't gonna help your cause. :?
I'm really impressed with your diligence and dedication.

I wouldn't worry to much about the fry, there will be plenty more. That may sound harsh but, lets just concentrate on your tank you have now..... for now. :D

yeah... it does sound harsh ~ verge of tears...~ ... Im very emotional about animals!!!!!!!....~ watches dear get run over ~ ooh.. thats alot of car damage..erm... Anyways.. Yeah.. but atleast its a good addiction... keeps me from thinking about the outside world..... may not be such a good thing to keep me so oblivious but eh... Ohwell ^^;;.. Anyways, arent catfish supposed to be really sensitive? Are my cattys in danger?

I would say, all your fish are til you can get the ammonia down. Not just your cats. I'm not sure if they are more sensitive or not.

Didn't mean to tear you up. :oops: Sorry.

Ok...I know it may be a little too late to chime in about this, but what type of test are you using again? I've never heard of an ammonia test where you have to add two different types of drops. (Could be wrong though.) If it's the aq. pharm test, that's the one that I use and I've never had to add two different solutions.

Well, your gonna have to watch them and figure out a good amount per feeding. What I would di is just give them a nice pinch every other day. Of course, give your cat a pellet or two at night incase nothing makes it to the bottom for him. But, still only every other night.

Ive never actually seen my cats eat... In any case its time for rachels bedtime maintenance.. X.x;; feed the rats, change the gp's bedding, put the fish to bed along with the dog ... Then its time for rachel to be put to bed only to wake up at five fricken a.m X.x

Unfortunately nothing available on the market actually works. It just masks the ammonia levels for a short time (similiar to over the counter cold medicines).

Back
Top Bottom