Mystery fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. D

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My LFS has a huge tetra(I believe it is). It is orange and black and is work like $250-350.

As far as I know it only has a Latin name and its really long but I can't find it online.. Can anyone decipher it from this post?

how big is huge? Tetras typically aren't very large... Do you have any more details on it's look. Body shape? Color pattern? A pic would be awesome but I doubt you have one.

Red/pink tailed chalceus? Really just guessing because you have given hardly any info lol these get to around 10" sometimes more and they have large scales on there back that get smaller towards their belly and yellow/green pectorals with a bluish tint all over. Here's a pic of mine

Attachments

• image-3929941923.jpg
    image-3929941923.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 113
I don't know of any tetras that get that large and would be worth that much but I guess it's possible. Could be a type of Koi goldfish? They can be gold and black, get very large (as they belong in ponds) and can be pretty expensive.

red wolf fish?

Maybe a larger Cichlid like an Oscar? Clown loache...? Though don't think any of those could fetch that sort of price. lol.

Dumb question but are you sure it's fresh water? I dont' know of many fish that would fetch that sort of price other than Discus or some rare plecos. Not that that says much really. :p

bettaowner said:
Is it a six barred distichodus?

That's it! Thank you!... Do you guys no if it is compatible with my discus?

PH:6.8
Temp:82

Back
Top Bottom