Nano 40

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Massalago

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have recently set up an aquaone nano 40 as a reef/fish tank. Everyone in the big fish stores stores said this tank would not do the job in any way, me being the guy I am I went straight out and purchased this tank and gave it a shot. Just to let you all know that my tank is thriving in every way ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrite 0 ph 8.4 I have 5 kg of live rock,2 soft corals and a big anemone. Fish wise I have 1 chromis but have nemo's on there way. I am saying this because I marine biologist said there is no way it would work but I have clearly proven them wrong. I am so glad I have gone to salt water it's so satisfying

They said the lights wern't strong enough, it didn't have a protein skimmer, the filter was not sufficient the list go's on. They were clearly after my money

When you press "reply to thread" look at the little + sign in the upper right corner and you will be able to do it. That is if your on the app..

Only a chromis at the moment have had the tank set up for a month now I have a acellaris and a blue tang on order tho. Wanted to get my live rock,corals and anemone set up before my fish

Oh gosh.. Dont get a blue tang. That tank is wayyy too small. There are many other great options for your nano tank, but any type of tang is not a good idea! Someone els please chime in..

I think I see you ordered a blue tang? Out of almost any fish you could have picked that one is the most in appropriate you could get ! lol

A blue tang should not be in a tank that is less than 6 feet long. He can suffer in so many ways and might not make it in the end. :-(

Sorry to be the bringer of bad new, but I would immediately re-think that tang.

I know my tank is to small for blue tang but I am getting a juvenile as they clearly take a year or so before it will out grow my tank then I'll sell it and get a mate for the ocellaris

So are cattle but I eat them anyway. Thing is about the fish is that once u get attached to it u aren't going to realize the proper time to give him up. It is best to get the right fish from the start

Back
Top Bottom