Nano Cube Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badback

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys:
I woke up this morning to find the water in my little reef cloudy. All tank parameters are normal. Ammonia=0, Nitrite=0, Nitrate < 5, pH=8.1, Alkalinity= 5. The filter pad was somewhat dirty so I rinsed it out and also replaced the carbon. This reef was moved from an Eclipse 6 to the Nano Cube about a month ago and the water has been crystal clear up until now. Any ideas? Thanks!

Interesting, I am having the same problem. I did my standard 15% water change 2 days ago and yesterday the tank became cloudy. I replaced my filter media yesterday hoping that it would clear up by today, but it has not. Tests yesterday and today show all normal water parameters as well. I'm pretty sure overfeeding is not the issue as their feeding schedule has been the same for months. Appreciate any advice.

Instead of my suspected bacteria bloom, my LFS suggested an algae bloom and told me to turn off the lighting for several days. I'm a little worried about this because of the coral in this tank. Would appreciate any other advice.

Well this probably won't help you much, but I ended up moving my coral to a temporary tank and my main tank cleared up to perfect condition in about 4 hrs. Introduced my coral back into the main tank and ... so-far-so-good. My LFS suggested that I may have a sickly coral piece, time will tell. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom