Nano fish for big tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman888888

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys

Here are the tank stats and some of my stocking ideas. Im open to suggestions btw

125 gal planted aquarium with pfs as substrate.
I have (3) aquaclear 110's and (2) koralia nano powerheads. I dose dry ferts, metricide and root tabs. I have at least 30 pieces of dw and a dozen pleco caves in there as well.

Tank stock:
4 x L204 plecos
2 x L183 plecos
1 x LF green dragon bn
1 x green dragon bn
1 x silvertip bn
1 x LF silvertip bn
1 x common (brown) bn
1 x albino bn
2 x super red bn

Im just looking for some nano fish to add.
(If you guys think they would be happy in a huge tank anyway).... with all the filtration and powerheads the tank stays so clean. Ive had it setup for just over 2 years now.

My ideas:
Scarlet badis
Dwarf kilifish
Espes rasbora (are those the same as harlequins?)
Celestial pearl danios

Would those nano fish get along together with the other nano fish if i added some of each species?
Would any of them eat my pleco fry? ?

Anyways im open to other ideas and anything that might work. Looking forward to your answers guys

The badis might eat the fry, I'd go with a giant school of CPDs. That would look amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Can we become best friends and then you give me one of those Starlights? Espes are lambchops or false harlequins. Badis COULD eat the fry, but stay so small (obviously) so it may or may not be an issue, not real sure. I defiantly think a good size school of anything would look awesome.

The badis might eat the fry, I'd go with a giant school of CPDs. That would look amazing

CPDs need low temps (not higher than mid 70s) or they will struggle to get adequate oxygen. Make sure that temp is compatible with your tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I was thinking of doing a similar tank. I have a 75 and am kind of wanting to do shrimp and nano fish, lots of them lol. I would like to follow along on your thread and see what I can learn.

I have my tank at 77
Looks like the CPDs wont be compatible :(

Hmmm...back to the drawing board....

Maybe some neon tetras? Or glowlight tetras....
I've never kept either..... but im afraid of that neon tetra disease i always hear about. ....

Im now completely open to suggestions on a large school of fish. Like 40+ lil guys that wont bug my plecos and their fry

Ember tetras? A big school of red/orange would contrast well against the green plants.

Green neon tetras are smaller than regular neons. Can't remember temps they need though

Chili rasboras are cool too and stay super small (any of the boraras species actually)

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that you like ancistrus...

Look up boraras! There are some awesome fish!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

I will look them up when i get home :)

I liked the cardinal tetra idea

But i have pfs as substrate and 4 x current satellite + leds
....so they wouldnt work

Would boraras be okay in that environment?

And yes, i love my ancistrus' :p
Very much lol

The boraras should be- just make sure you have a bunch of plants and decorations for them. They can sometimes be a little skittish :)

Back
Top Bottom