Nano tank with ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was looking at my tank this morning and noticed white spot all over my clownfish. What's the best way to treat for marine ich?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

copper or hypo but you need to do either in a qt not in the main tank. Tranfer the fish to a qt and leave your main tank without fish for 6 to 8 weeks to kill off any ich thats in there.

copper or hypo but you need to do either in a qt not in the main tank. Tranfer the fish to a qt and leave your main tank without fish for 6 to 8 weeks to kill off any ich thats in there.

The fish died before I got off of work and had a chance to set up a qt tank for him. I have one more clown that I bought from a different lfs. Should I still treat him even though he shows no signs of infection? Also how do I get ich out of the display?

The fish died before I got off of work and had a chance to set up a qt tank for him. I have one more clown that I bought from a different lfs. Should I still treat him even though he shows no signs of infection? Also how do I get ich out of the display?

If the other clown was in the same tank more then likely he will develop ich also so I would put him in the qt and watch to see if he shows any signs if not there is no need to treat him. Leave him in the qt and leave your main tank fishless for 6 to 8 weeks and that will kill off the ich in the tank, you can leave any inverts or corals you may have in the main tank cause there not affect by the ich.

If the other clown was in the same tank more then likely he will develop ich also so I would put him in the qt and watch to see if he shows any signs if not there is no need to treat him. Leave him in the qt and leave your main tank fishless for 6 to 8 weeks and that will kill off the ich in the tank, you can leave any inverts or corals you may have in the main tank cause there not affect by the ich.

He was in the tank with him about 10 hours. Is that enough time for it to spread?

I guess its possible,regardless though if you leave him in the main tank he will more then likely get it anyway so you need toput him in the qt no matter what

I guess its possible,regardless though if you leave him in the main tank he will more then likely get it anyway so you need toput him in the qt no matter what

I bought a 10 gallon qt I already had everything else laying around. I also bought some coral. my wife is giving me dirty looks now.

Back
Top Bottom