Nano Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookiemn

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone have a running nano tank? I am putting a 10 gallon together and wanted to share experiences with other people who have them. 8)

I had a 10 going for a while and had good luck with it. I upped the size to a 20 high later though. Did you have any specific questions about nanos?

Just wondered how much LR and LS they had in each tank as well as the equipment they put into it. I was thinking of putting in a 12" fuge with a penguin fileter (100 gph) and then having 1 or 2 PH for circulation.

I had about 16lbs of LR in my 10g with about a 3.5-4" sand bed. I also had a DIY refugium that hung on the back of the tank. I ran it with a Maxi Jet 600 powerhead. In the first chamber of the fuge, I had a small CC skimmer and a 100w heater. I also had two MJ400's in the tank for circulation. I used NO lighting at first and then upgraded to a 2x36w PC that was also DIY. It worked out well although it required daily top offs (as most any tank does) to keep the water level up and I did weekly 20% water changes.

Back
Top Bottom