Need a good bottom feeder.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 5.5 gall tank with someplants, a filter and heater thats unused. I have three serpae tetras (one male two females) and i was looking to add a nice, small bottom feeder that wont outgrow the tank. So far the tetras arent showing any aggression to eachother so i dont think that fin nipping will be a problem. Any suggegstions?

Mr.Albiman said:
Plus 1. Nerites are great algae eaters and there are loads of different types including zebra, olive, green, tiger and horned. Your tank is too small for bottom feeder fish. Amano shrimp are great too but might get eaten by the Serpae's. :)

I was thinking 2 or 3 ghost shrimp. Do you really think the serpaes could eat them?

Pckerfreak44 said:
I was thinking 2 or 3 ghost shrimp. Do you really think the serpaes could eat them?

I have both and my serapes do not mess with my shrimp

To be honest i don't know, I've never tried them together, but Serpae's do have a reputation for being nippers. Although Amano's are quite big. I don't know how big ghost's get though. You could definitely try it though. :D

Back
Top Bottom