Need a little help please, white particles in the water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterlilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
As you know we lost all of our fish from ICH a few days ago well today we saw these white particles swimming in the water, sorry can not get a good enough picture of them our camera is not any where good enough to do that. I know these are not normal water particles case you can acctually see them moving and swimming, and they are just a wee bit to big to be normal water particles. So here is my question, could these particles that we are seeing be the ICH looking for new carriers or are they something else? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sorry about your fish waterlilly. Do they look like little teeny worms? I have no idea if it could be ich or not, luckily I haven't had to deal with that. If its wormy looking though, its probably nematodes. Harmless little creatures. To get rid of them I cut back on feeding and upped the water changes. Good luck to you.

I highly doubt it's ich parsites, but rather likely some sort of nematode or planaria worm. These show up in a tank that has alot of nutrients in the water, mainly from not doing enough water changes, or overfeeding. Don't worry about them, they are harmless. I'd follow Meredith's advice and up your water changes, and watch how much you feed. :wink:

Thanks we do water changes every week and the fish that where in there stopped eating close towards the end but we did put just a little in there for the shrimps. So iguess we wint put anything in there for a few days and do a water change today, and see hows it goes maybe in time my shrimps will kill them off.

Back
Top Bottom