Need a new idea.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pckerfreak44

Aquarium Advice FINatic
In my 30 gal tank, my DG and both my GBRs mysteriously died a few months ago. And since then I haven't been into my tank at all :( I really wanna get back into fish but I wanna try something new. I just got 75 dollars worth of gift cards to petsmart so, any if anyone could just give me some options of stuff to do, that'd be nice haha

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that!

maybe you could try an angelfish? Those are really neat. Also, Bolivian Rams are very nice and much more hearty than GBR's. BR's are basically bullet proof haha

Just an idea but if previously you didn't have a test kit for water parameters it would be a valuable asset to monitor water quality.
API master kits have everything you need to start back up. You may already have one. If so disregard.
I agree with Bud on the Bolivians. Maybe a shoal of corys to go with the rams? Has your tank sat unoccupied?

No it still has tetras 2 keyholes 2 cories and a Pleco. And I tried angels before and I don't really like them idk why. But do you think I could get a guy and girl Bolivian? And maybe try to breed them?

No it still has tetras 2 keyholes 2 cories and a Pleco. And I tried angels before and I don't really like them idk why. But do you think I could get a guy and girl Bolivian? And maybe try to breed them?

Yup, that would be fine, although Bolivians are much harder to sex than GBR's, so getting a guy and a girl may be difficult.

bud29 said:
Adults are slightly easier, because you can look at their breeding tube, but if your petsmart has juvies, well, good luck :lol:

Good point with the juvies. And what about a new tank idea? Or decor? I love unique/different things. Unusual. I'm lookin for something like that

Lol, an ugly fish tank? Use black sand, clear glass marbles and red gravel. Use driftwood to make ugly trees and marimo moss figures and a twisted looking cave. Here's a pretty ugly but interesting stocking idea-
5 blind cave tetras
5 bleeding heart tetras
5 pearl danio
3 glass catfish
6 oto cats
1 albino rubber pleco
And a few inverts for added ugliness

:) oh, and for a backdrop you could tape pictures of the ugliest things you can find... I have a million freshwater community ideas!! Good luck!!

Lol, an ugly fish tank? Use black sand, clear glass marbles and red gravel. Use driftwood to make ugly trees and marimo moss figures and a twisted looking cave. Here's a pretty ugly but interesting stocking idea-
5 blind cave tetras
5 bleeding heart tetras
5 pearl danio
3 glass catfish
6 oto cats
1 albino rubber pleco

:) oh, and for a backdrop you could tape pictures of the ugliest things you can find... I have a million freshwater community ideas!! Good luck!!

I love this idea! Totally gonna do something like this!

ktomminello said:
5 blind cave tetras
5 bleeding heart tetras
5 pearl danio
3 glass catfish
6 oto cats
1 albino rubber pleco

I think that's what I'm going to do. Haha I love the sound of it.

Get a driftwood piece that looks like a tree, then spear a marimo ball on each branch, to get a Dr. Seuss-like tree as your tank's centerpiece ;)

Get a driftwood piece that looks like a tree, then spear a marimo ball on each branch, to get a Dr. Seuss-like tree as your tank's centerpiece ;)

That sounds cool!! Add some flowering wisteria as vines hanging from the tree.. Gosh darn it all, now I want another tank!!
I want the backdrop to be van Gogh's starry night, use driftwood and java lace to make a couple weeping willows and build a stone spiral to the house in the background, have the substrate be white sand with a handful of yellow gravel pieces thrown in and stock it with black neon tetras, a royal pleco, and a large pink kisser, and maybe an electric blue crawfish.... Oh the many thinks I think.

Alright question. Well first off, I think I wanna do a super dark tank with colorful fish, how does that sound? My question is, where would I hold my fish while I am remodeling everything?

Back
Top Bottom