Need advice for 15g. Which fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kschonland

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 15g fresh water tank and want to know just how many fish are appropriate and what groups of fish would go well together. My knowledge on fish interactions and types is actually quite sad haha!
Please let me know, I am so excited to for my new fish family!!!:thanks:

I really jumped the gun there! Hello! I was so excited to join and ask my question I did not do the introduction. I have always loved aquariums and fish and it continues to grow. Thank you in advance for all of your stocking advice

Hi. We are newbies, but have taken advice from very good fish shop.

In our 3 mon old, 16G well planted tank we have:

6 neon tetras
2 Sunset Dwarf Gouramis
2 loaches
4 Assassin snails
1 Bristlenose catfish (very cool)
4 Amano shrimp

And we feel that is the right amount and mix. Do ensure community compatible fish classification to avoid loosing fish.

I have a 15g fresh water tank and want to know just how many fish are appropriate and what groups of fish would go well together. My knowledge on fish interactions and types is actually quite sad haha!
Please let me know, I am so excited to for my new fish family!!!:thanks:

Welcome! How many fish you can have depends on the type of fish, how active they are, how big they get etc. :)

Maybe you can do some looking round at your local pets stores and get an idea if what you like. Then do some research on them and come back here for some opinions on the fish you like. :)

Back
Top Bottom