Need advice for 2 tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a 25 gallon you'll want to buy two bags of EC. You may not use all of it but you'll need most of it. I put 2 bags in my 20 but I have very deep points at the back with slopes that go from about 2" in the front center to almost 6" in the back corners.

For a 25 gallon you'll want to buy two bags of EC. You may not use all of it but you'll need most of it. I put 2 bags in my 20 but I have very deep points at the back with slopes that go from about 2" in the front center to almost 6" in the back corners.

Ok thanks! I wanna try that kind of "hilly" look. Ok so for the 25 gallon I will use eco. In the 56 in my pots what should I do? I dont care what it looks like because it will be in a pot anyway lol

I've never used pots so I couldn't say. Honestly, I'd skip the pots and just use pool filter sand PFS. It's amazingly cheap at the hardware stores and as long as you add root tabs it'll grow anything. Of course, it's fine to use pots but I couldn't advise you on how to go about it. I've only done Shultz aquatic plant soil in pots for ponds and that's off the market.

I've never used pots so I couldn't say. Honestly, I'd skip the pots and just use pool filter sand PFS. It's amazingly cheap at the hardware stores and as long as you add root tabs it'll grow anything. Of course, it's fine to use pots but I couldn't advise you on how to go about it. I've only done Shultz aquatic plant soil in pots for ponds and that's off the market.

Ok well I may just use eco. I am going to buy 3 bags probably so I can make hills and have extra for the pots.

You can also try to pick up some clay products from hardware/industrial supply stores. Oil Dri, SafeTSorb, and Turface have all been used with varying degrees of efficacy and side effects before, and pictures and testimonials can be found on google. It's also like $5/40 lbs, so it's hard to go wrong.

You can also try to pick up some clay products from hardware/industrial supply stores. Oil Dri, SafeTSorb, and Turface have all been used with varying degrees of efficacy and side effects before, and pictures and testimonials can be found on google. It's also like $5/40 lbs, so it's hard to go wrong.

Thanks! I saw something about turface sonewhere.
Hey how do I know if abpot is aquarium safe?

No no I trust yall on that lol I meant like a clay pot for potting the plants. How do I know its safe?

I think they're mostly all aquarium safe. I've used the ones from walmart with no problem. :) They're like $1 a piece.

Probably 2 bags, one bag covers 2" deep for a 10 gallon
Ok I am going to get 3 then because I want to do some pretty steep hills and have leftover for my 56 :)
I guess when I finally get it done I owe yall some pics....

GodFan said:
Ok I am going to get 3 then because I want to do some pretty steep hills and have leftover for my 56 :)
I guess when I finally get it done I owe yall some pics....

Darn straight!! Can't wait for some picks! It's not super common to see people put this much thought into planning out a system. Very refreshing, but the suspense... THE SUSPENSE! lol

Darn straight!! Can't wait for some picks! It's not super common to see people put this much thought into planning out a system. Very refreshing, but the suspense... THE SUSPENSE! lol

Lol well i have 2 wait 2 weeks to get the substrate. Then I promise I will post pics if yall are still on this thread so I dont forget lol meanwhile what plants do yall recomend? Low light and preferably something I dont have to trim often or at all lol

Lol well i have 2 wait 2 weeks to get the substrate. Then I promise I will post pics if yall are still on this thread so I dont forget lol meanwhile what plants do yall recomend? Low light and preferably something I dont have to trim often or at all lol

I like rotala indica. When mine get really tall, I just propagate and make the plants thicker. :) I also really like water wisteria. I do the same with it. All I do is pinch it off when it grows some substantial roots and plant it. :) depending on your fish, they may like floating plants. Both of the plants I listed above can be potted or thrive as floating plants as long as you're adding some ferts. :)

I like rotala indica. When mine get really tall, I just propagate and make the plants thicker. :) I also really like water wisteria. I do the same with it. All I do is pinch it off when it grows some substantial roots and plant it. :) depending on your fish, they may like floating plants. Both of the plants I listed above can be potted or thrive as floating plants as long as you're adding some ferts. :)

Ok thanks! I am planning on doing the following for stick (suggestions always welcome):
3x otocinclus
10x Kubato rasbora
4ish scarlet badis
4ish crocodile toothpick
And inverts RCS, limpets, assasin snail

What think you? This is going to be my never water change tank so bioload must be small.
I should probably start a build thread....

Ok thanks! I am planning on doing the following for stick (suggestions always welcome):
3x otocinclus
10x Kubato rasbora
4ish scarlet badis
4ish crocodile toothpick
And inverts RCS, limpets, assasin snail

What think you? This is going to be my never water change tank so bioload must be small.
I should probably start a build thread....

If you start a build thread, let us know. :) I know I will certainly be following. That looks like a good stocking list to me, but I don't know much about those fish, so I don't have much advice on that. Lol.

If you start a build thread, let us know. :) I know I will certainly be following. That looks like a good stocking list to me, but I don't know much about those fish, so I don't have much advice on that. Lol.

I sure will! I will be starting it very soon. I forgot any botton feeders though..... I have habrosius cories but I think bioload may get pushed to high then. But if its not high enough the plants wont be happy... plus I kinda grew fond of my "special" cory lol

Back
Top Bottom