Need advice for 55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fefanne819

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My 10 gallon tank broke last night and i'm getting a 55 Gallon replacement....
I had in my tank:
* 1 41/2in Orange Angel Fish
* 1 Orange Gourami Fish
* 1 Suckerfish
* 1 Algae eater
* 1 rainbowshark
* 1 beta fish
* 4 cherry barbfish
I would like to maximize my 55 Gallon with all sorts of fish...
What is a must have?!! Ei: live algae?? more fish?? sand or gravel?? Pump?? Rocks??
the fishes are in my tub for the moment loll..

Please advise

A 55 gallon isn't enough space for all the fish you already have, let alone more fish. You've got some serious incompatabilities in your stocking. Sharks are aggressive and likely to nip your angelfish and betta. Algae eaters and suckerfish (common plecos) get very large, and algae eaters will attack other fish and eat their protective slime as well as eyeballs and fins.

A few questions:
Is the gourami a dwarf gourami?
What are the "Suckerfish" and the "algae eater"? If you're not sure, please post pics.
What kind of filter are you using for the new tank?
How are you cycling the new tank?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sinibotia: I already had all this in my 10 gallon tank for the last 1 1/2 and all was ok beside changing the water every month loll

Eseck:
Dwarf gourami
Suckerfish : Ancistrus
Algae eater: Chinease Algae eater
I am not sure yet since i'm going to get all the suck tonight..
since the current fish are in my tub loll I don't think i will cycle empty..
What would be the most i need to start fresh and have all the correct componants
Ei: Algae

Ok well first of all you'll need a filter sized for the new tank. At least a 250 watt heater. Anything else can be added later. DO NOT ADD ANY MORE FISH! As it has already been pointed out you have some major stocking problems but that is the least of your issues at the moment. Hopefully your filter from the 10g is still wet and will give you some bb to get you started.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You had all that in a 10g? Lol wow. its hard to think of all those crammed into a 10g tank, especially for 1.5 years and only a monthly water change. If you're not going to take advice, especially when you ask for it, people are likely to not answer you.

Back
Top Bottom